App Hip Mom’s 10 Fav Free Iphone + Ipad Apps for Moms & Kids (guest Post)
Deal Expires: October 22, 2011
We are always on the hunt for fun, FREE apps for the iPhone / iPad and other devices which made us so excited to find the AppHipMom.com website. Created by an "app obsessed, tech geeky" Canadian mom we have bookmarked it as our go to site for the lowdown on what apps we should be spending money on and what apps we should be getting for FREE. Wendy has done us a huge favour and rounded up a list of her favourite FREE apps for kids and moms. Click on the "read more" link below for the complete top ten FREE list and to find out more about our fabulous guest blogger …
For Moms and Dads
- Cardstar – Do you have lots of loyalty points cards in your wallet? The thought of removing just one kills me because what if I needed it? Cardstar lets you save your points cards so that you don’t need to carry the physical cards in your wallet. Hint: Some stores may not be able to scan directly from your phone but all they need is the card number, which is already stored in the app.
- Cozi Family Organizer – This calendar app is the only one you’ll need to schedule and keep track of family activities and appointments. The app not only looks good but is easy to navigate. Best of all, it syncs automatically between your iOS devices and the web. Handy when arranging play dates for the kids.
- Point Inside – If you’ve ever wanted to know whether the mall has your favorite store or exactly where it’s located in the mall (so you can selectively park) this app’s for you. Point Inside currently contains over 100 international airport directories and 750 mall directories all at your fingertips. Hint: Great app to have while on vacation, because who doesn’t shop while vacationing?
- Wunderlist – Too many things on the go and having a tough time remembering it all? That’s why I absolutely love this task/list management app. It allows me to manage multiple lists for whatever I want — work, business, family, vacation, etc. and share them with friends or colleagues via email, Facebook and Twitter. Tasks are easy to add and Wunderlist can even send me email or push notification reminders on any tasks I choose to. Best of all, it’ll sync automatically with my other iDevices and the web. So simple and all free.
- Zinio – Read your favorite magazines on your iOS device with this amazing app. Make sure you check out their interactive magazines that will allow you to purchase items mentioned in the article directly from the app. Although the app itself is free, magazines are purchased by subscription or single issue (less expensive than print version). Magazines are stunning on the iPad.
For the Kids
- BrainPop Featured Movie – Every day brings a new short animated movie on subjects such as Science, History, Social Studies, Art, Engineering, Technology, Music and Math that will keep your kids engaged as they learn about the topic at hand. I have to admit that I even learned a thing or two from BrainPop.
- Doodle Buddy – My kids absolutely love this drawing app. Doodle, stamp, color, stencil and scribble your way to your next masterpiece! You can even add your own creative flair to your favorite photographs. The iPad version is also free.
- Frisbee Forever – The object of the game is to guide your Frisbee through various shaped hoops to reach the end of the course. With 10 virtual worlds and 10 levels in each